· All valuables including jewelry
· Personal power tools
· No drugs or alcohol or smoking at the work site
What to Bring:
· Water bottle. We will have water at the site
· Sunscreen. The site does not have a lot of shade, so be prepared to be in the sun
What to Wear:
· Closed toe shoes. Tennis shoes are most common on the work site. You will not be allowed to volunteer on site if you wear sandals or flip flops.
· Clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or paint on. Light clothing is recommended for the hot weather. Layering clothing is recommended for cold weather. We work year round and work outside in the rain. The only time we close site because of weather is if it is too dangerous. Please wear rain pants and jacket when working in the rain.
· All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years old. All youth must have a youth waiver form completed and signed by a parent or guardian prior to volunteering on site.
Breakdown of the day:
· 7:45 – 8:00am: Volunteers should arrive, complete the sign-in process
· 8:00: Site Supervisor provides a morning orientation, safety talk, and assigns tasks for the day.
· Until approximately noon; Work on assigned task. If you need another task or are uncomfortable working on the task you were assigned, please talk to the Site Supervisor. Please be patient if the Site Supervisors are working with other volunteers.
· The mornings are very busy on site and it takes time to get everyone going. Thanks you in advance for your patience.
· 11:45am – 12:15pm: Lunch with the crew.
· 12:15pm – 3:00 pm: back to tasks
· 3:00pm – 4:00 pm Clean-up!
· Breaks: we do not have a set break time but please, take a break if needed.
For further questions please contact us at (406) 257-8800or email@example.com.
Since we rely on volunteer labor to complete our building projects and keep the cost of the home down for the future homebuyers, we really need your support! We are always looking for skilledandunskilled individuals and groups to partner with us in the building process and there is always a place for every individual on our site. At certain points along the build, professional sub-contractors, such as drywall tapers, vinyl/carpet installers, cabinet installers, and finish carpenters are also in need.
NOTE: No experience or tools are necessary; Habitat will provide all tools and safety equipment, as well as instruction on specific tasks.
If you would like to volunteer with Habitat, please scroll down to view the build calendar for availability and call our office at (406) 257-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. If you would like to volunteer in other ways, we are always looking for lunch donations to feed our hard working volunteers. Please contact our Community Outreach Coordinator for more information.
For directions to the build site visit our CONTACT US page.